Tuesday, May 1, 2007

ACTIVITIES WITH THE KIDS





It didn't take me too long to figure out that construction is definitely not my thing! I decided probably from Day 1 that when we left the work site for the last time, it would probably be a good thing for me to just give my brand new work boots to one of the workers there! I looked forward to 2 p.m. everyday, when we would have activities with the kids. We had a Bible story, sang songs, worked on crafts, taught The Chicken Dance, played a fishing game, and even managed to work in a little bit of English. One day we had over 50 kids -- all in one room! There was a teachers' strike on at the time we were there, so I'm sure they looked forward to having something fun to do each afternoon. We taught the lessons Noah's Ark, the parable of The Lost Sheep, the Fishers of Men story, and the last day we did a lot of crafts and taught the kids the story of the faith bracelet. Each day when the kids left, they left with a treat -- a bottle of bubbles, a rubber bracelet, a cross necklace, and a faith bracelet.