Tuesday, March 16, 2010

COLORFUL GUATEMALA

I don't think macaws are native to Guatemala, but the hotel had these colorful guys mainly just to entertain the guests. We enjoyed looking at their beautiful colors, and they reminded me of my parrot (Buddy).









Cotton candy anyone?!
This isn't that colorful, but it intrigues me the way the women carry these things on their heads. Gives me a headache thinking about it!
The colors at the Antigua market make for great picture taking! And I love the stuff they sell. This place gives new meaning to the expression "shop 'til you drop". I was on a mission to find crosses that are made in the shape of the word JESUS. I finally found them and bought about 30 of them to sell for fundraising!

Check out the colors...
This friendly shopkeeper made some pretty good sales!